Vote Activity Plans
The State House Tour Office provides activity plans to help students understand the citizen’s role in the election process. While this material was designed primarily for students in grades 4-6, it may have broader appeal. The following packets include discussion points and activities meant to be explored along with public campaign activity.
Civics Education with NCSL
The New Jersey State Legislature is a partner with the National Conference of State Legislatures in supporting America’s Legislators in the classroom.
As part of this initiative, New Jersey legislators will make special efforts to visit with school children, providing personal insights into the value of public service and the lawmaking process. They can address questions such as:
- What does it mean to be a legislator?
- What is a typical day like?
- How did they get involved in public service and why?
- What issues are they most concerned about and what action is being taken?
- What efforts are they most proud of?
- What advice does they give to future legislators?
To schedule a visit, teachers need to reach out to their local Senators and/or Assembly Members. You can find contact information here.